Fluval Bug Bites Bottom Feeders Gran S/M is a complete fish food, which features a unique formula based on the population, enriched with many quality proteins and carbohydrates, developed for fish that feed mainly on the bottom. This formula ensures rich coloration of the fish and at the same time helps to ensure the proper development and recovery of the body and fins. Insects are hunted by fish in the wild as they offer a widely available food source. The instinctive feeding habit is the foundation behind Bug Bites, which are formulated with nutrient-rich insect larvae and enriched with multiple quality proteins, vitamins, minerals and trace elements. Most freshwater fish are omnivores and regularly feed on insects in the wild. However, not all insects are created equally when it comes to a fish’s diet. Bug Bites are formulated with sustainably harvested Black Soldier Fly Larvae (#1 ingredient across all formulas), which are raised on fruits and vegetables for exceptional “super food” nutrition. Using a unique cultivation process, BSFL are grown under controlled conditions for total sustainability that preserves natural environments. Under controlled conditions, Black Soldier Flies produce larvae, which naturally feed on decaying organic matter. Unconsumed fruits and vegetables are used as larvae feed. The larvae consume the feed, converting the nutrients into protein and healthy fat. After a 2-week feeding cycle, the larvae are harvested and dried. The dried larvae are mixed with other high-quality proteins, vitamins, minerals and trace elements to offer a complete and balanced daily diet. In addition to BSFL, Bug Bites offer other excellent protein sources such as Herring & Shrimp Meal, which are also rich in Omega-3 for healthy skin, scales, fins and colors. Unlike big brand fish foods, Bug Bites are always prepared in small batches for superior control and quality assurance. The proximity of our ingredients (most of which are delivered right before production) also offers maximum freshness, which translates into better palatability.
- Tropical fish food that contains up to 40%, nutrient-rich Black Soldier Fly Larvae, the first ingredient
- High in multiple proteins like whole salmon – rich in Omega 3 and 6 for healthy skin, scales and fins
- Fortified with essential vitamins, amino acids and minerals for a balanced daily diet
- Slow sinking granule format (1.4-1.6mm) – all fish can feed at their preferred depth; feed as much as fish can eat in two minutes, two or three times daily
- Sustainably processed in small batches for quality control and maximum freshness
- Made in Canada with no artificial fillers, colors or preservatives
Crude protein (min) 32.0%, Crude fat (min) 12.0%, Crude fiber (max) 6.0%, Moisture (max) 10.0%, Ash (max) 9.0%, Lysine (min) 2.2%, Methionine (min) 1.0%, Calcium (min) 1.50%, Phosphorus (min) 0.80%, Vitamin A (min) 2,500 IU/kg, Vitamin D3 (min) 2,400 IU/kg, Vitamin E (min) 75 IU/kg